#TheChapMag The Grand Anarcho-Dandyist Ball in Pictures

The Grand Anarcho-Dandyist Ball in Pictures

Published on December 4th, 2012

Photographs of some of the guests at the Chap’s Fourth Grand Anarcho-Dandyist Ball on 1st December 2012.

Photography by Russ Bell.

7 Responses to “The Grand Anarcho-Dandyist Ball in Pictures”

1. [...] Guests religiously obeyed the “eccentric, eclectic, esoteric, electric” dress-code, many of whose outfits may be viewed in our picture gallery. [...]

2. Albion says:

Admirable photographs from that most excellent exponent of the new art of Fox Talbot, Mr. Russ Bell. Couldn’t make it this year myself, had some Werwolves to sort out. Damn nuisance they are becoming to the capital!

• Godfrey Giles Spofford III says:

If I may patronise you: the correct spelling is”Werewolves” … not “Werwolves” .. sniff (imperiously).

3. Mika says:

Glorious! A bevvy of flappers, chaps and bright young things of every age and description. I did the charleston with such gusto that my jewelry flew off my glove. Do please return to me a dear, oval marcasite ring if you have encountered it. Next year, I will hot glue all accoutrements so I can juba without a care in the world.

4. Ladycherie says:

Spiffing photographs! What a gay crowd!

5. Major Ayes-Worter says:

Nice to see a couple of instances of the Fez in the photographs. Sets off a tweed three-piece with an exotic style and a degree of panache. Must dust off the old Kepi for next year.

6. Cnl. Sebastapol Rattling-Sabres says:

Damn yer eyes, sir! Why must you hold your annual shindig in the metropolis? after all. all you will attract in that den of effete intellectualism is a bunch of artistic nancy boys with a bunch of fillies in tow who don’t have a decent seat between and who would, without doubt, blanch and have recourse to the smelling salts at the first flick of a riding crop. May I suggest that, in future, your publication abandons the exercise in decadence and, instead, sponsors the Much Humping Annual Hunt Ball